Saturday, April 6, 2019

Tasting - Figaro Garnacha

Name: Tinto Figaro Red Wine 
Varietal: 100% Garnacha
Region: Calatayud
Country: Spain
Year: 2016
Price: $8.95

Shop Review: "The 100% Garnacha 2016 Figario Tinto Calatayud is a smoking value and is another red brought in by Kysela that knocks it out of the park on the value scale. Bright berry fruits, dried herbs, earth, and a touch of spice all flow to a medium-bodied, rounded, fleshy red that has loads of upfront charm and accessibility. It's not going to make old bones, but as a house red to enjoy over the coming couple of years, it's hard to beat."

My Review: I could tell by the smell that I was not going to like this wine. It's very bland. Not really a certain taste that stands out. It is also sour. Overall it tastes too simple and I would not buy it.

I did not try this with food.

No comments:

Post a Comment