Saturday, January 26, 2019

Tasting - Rex-Goliath Cabernet Sauvignon


Name: Rex-Golaith The Legend Cabernet Sauvignon
Variety: Table wine 100% Cabernet Sauvignon
Region: Acampo, California (bottled)
Country: USA (product of Spain per bottle)
Year: No year on the bottle
Price: $6.00

Winery Review: Our star grape, Cabernet Sauvignon, is the king of all reds. We think it's a perfect fit for His Royal Majesty. This is a hearty, yet smooth Cabernet Sauvignon. I love taking this wine to get-togethers with friends. It always seems to help inspire good conversation.
- Rex-Goliath Winemaker's Notes Review
This regal wine is ready to be paired with herb-roasted beef, leg of lamb, Brie, cheddar or chocolate.
- Also from the Rex-Goliath Website but for food pairings

My Review: The smell makes me a little skeptical because it smells very strong with a very prominent alcoholic smell. This wine is very tarte, there is not a hint of sweetness in it. The pepper spices seem to overpower the plum and blackberry taste. I feel like I need to brush my teeth after that wine as it is a very dark wine. I do not think I would enjoy or want to spend the money on this wine again.

I did not try this wine with food but I think I would have liked it better with Brie. And maybe some pretzels.

No comments:

Post a Comment