Saturday, January 26, 2019

Tasting - Winking Owl Sweet Red


Name: Winking Owl Vineyards Sweet Red
Variety: Table wine red blend
Region: Modesto, California 
Country: USA
Year: No year on the bottle
Price: $3.00

Winery Review: Medium-bodied red wine with a smooth well- rounded finish. Notes of ripe berries and red fruit with hints of blackberry and cherry add depth and richness. Pairs well with grilled or roasted dishes, rich red pasta sauce dishes and spicy foods.
- Aldi Shop Review

My Review: Immediately smells like a delicious grape juice that I could enjoy for any occasion. At first I was concerned because I am not a fan of red wine but this wine has stolen my heart. It is very easy going down as it tastes like fruit juice. There is a sweetness that leaves me wanting more. I could easily drink the whole bottle in one night. I taste the blackberry in this wine but not so much the cherry as mentioned above. I would definitely buy this wine again.

I did not try this wine with food. 

No comments:

Post a Comment