Sunday, February 24, 2019

Dinner Blog 1

First, I just want to start by saying the meals are interesting because they are all keto. We did an appetizer, a meal, and then a dessert. The wines we used were Oak Leaf Vineyards Sweet Red, Oak Leaf Vineyards Sangria, and Winking Owl Cabernet Sauvignon. 



Oak Leaf Vineyard Sweet Red
Varietal: Does not tell you what the combination.
My Review: It is sweet but not overly sweet like some grape juice wines. I taste hints of raspberry but it is very subtle. Very smooth. I enjoy this wine.

Oak Leaf Vineyard Sangria
Varietal: Does not tell you what combination.
My Review: Smells spicy. I don't taste fruit with this wine. I taste hints of pepper but it is tangy as well. I have mixed emotions about this wine.
Winking Owl Cabernet Sauvignon
Varietal: 100% Cabernet Sauvignon
My Review: Smell hints of plum. This wine is very bitter but light. I do not taste hints of any fruits. This will be a hard wine to drink.

Sangria with Sausage Biscuits
I think the wine paired well with this appetizing course. The acidity of the wine complimented the food especially the sausage, it made the wine taste better. I think the wine made the meat taste better also, it complimented the fattiness of the sausage. Neither overpowered the other. The food made the wine taste more fruity and less tannic. The wine was not too sweet or too bitter for my food.

Cabernet Sauvignon with Pizza
The pizza got a little messy.
I do not think it pairs well. I think the acidity cuts through the fattiness of the cheese on the pizza, making it worse. I think the wine makes ruins this pizza and the pizza brings out the tartness of the wine even more. I think the wine overpowered the food. The food made the wine more bitter and acidic. There was no sweetness in either the wine or the pizza.

Sweet Red with Vanilla Mousse Pudding
I think this wine paired okay with this dessert. The acidity did not compliment the food. I think the wine made the food taste sweeter but the food made the wine taste more tarte. I think the food overpowered the wine a bit. The food definitely made the wine more bitter. The food was too sweet for the wine.



No comments:

Post a Comment